Friday, May 4, 2012

Review #6: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Obsidian
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: December 2011 Entangled Publishing
My Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

*****

Can I take Katy's place? I would kill for some of Daemon Black in a neighbor, lol.

Jennifer L. Armentrout's characters and plot lines have me drooling for more.
Take Katy- normal book blogging female; moves to a new town and meets hot alien male
next door, Daemon. The action is here, the chemistry is here, the mystery is
here... It was everything and more and I'm beyond excited to read the next book
in the series!

I must admit that I didn't believe that I was going to like this story. It sounded like a Roswell knock-off and I loved the original series the way it was. After being (secretly)entered into a giveaway of a signed copy, I was happy to find out that oh boy was I wrong! After reading four books by Ms. Jennifer L. Armentrout, if she rewrote the Bible or the dictionary I'm pretty sure that I would read it and rave about it. She's doing something right and I'll be looking forward to what's next.

Now is it August 14th 2012 yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment